Parents and Guardians,
We are thankful that you have chosen to be a part of Schaumburg Christian School’s family for our 50th year of educating students. On this page you will find Back-to-School information and forms relating to the start of the 2020-2021 school year. Please take a few minutes to review the information and complete any forms that are needed for your child(ren) by JULY 10, 2020.
In an effort to assist you in completing and turning in forms, certain forms (marked with an asterisk) are Google forms. This will allow you to easily complete and submit these forms online. Just click on the form you need to complete, fill in the information, and press submit.
We are looking forward to the opening of the 2020-2021 school year for in-person learning. If you have any questions regarding the start of school, please call the school office at (847) 885‑3230, ext. 3020 or email [email protected]
ORIENTATION AND GENERAL INFORMATION
1) In-Person Orientation Open Houses for Preschool – 12th Grade Students (two different days available)
– Wednesday, August 26 – 8:30-11:00 a.m. & 1:00-3:00 p.m.
– Thursday, August 27 – 8:30-11:00 a.m. & 6:00-8:00 p.m.
2) Orientation Information
– Preschool – Kindergarten orientation information
– 1st-12th grade orientation information
3) Appearance Guidelines (1st-12th Grade)
4) 2020-2021 School Calendar – Be sure to check the Google calendar on the website (https://schaumburgchristian.com/calendar) for updates throughout the school year and to link important dates to your personal calendar.
5) School Supply List (Plan to bring your child’s school supplies with you to Orientation.)
6) Information Change Form (print out, complete, and return to the office.)
START DATES AND TIMES FOR SCHOOL & EXTENDED CARE
Extended Care – Tuesday, August 18 (If you will need extended care for your child, please complete the forms listed below in the Extended Care section.)
Grades 9th – 12th – Monday, August 31 (8:00 a.m.-3:15 p.m.)
Grades 7th – 8th – Monday, August 31 (8:00 a.m.-3:15 p.m.)
Grades 4th – 6th – Monday, August 31 (8:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m.)
Grades 1st – 3rd – Monday, August 31 (8:00 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.)
Kindergarten – Monday, August 31
(1/2 Day – 8:15 a.m.-11:00 a.m. / Full Day -8:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m.)
Preschool – Pre-Kindergarten – Monday, August 31
(1/2 Day – 8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m. / Full Day – 8:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.)
ELECTIVE FORMS (9TH – 12TH GRADES)
Before completing your elective forms, please see the notes below.
- Dual Credit (College) English Composition 1 and 2 are being offered to 11th and 12th grade students as an upgrade from the traditional AP English course. We also offer Dual Credit (College) American/British Literature 1 and 2 for seniors who have already completed Dual Credit English Composition 1 and 2. All of these English courses are being taught by Mrs. Funderburg in conjunction with Maranatha Baptist University. Students/parents can decide after the completion of each course if they wish to receive college credit at the nominal fee of $99 per course. To be eligible for these classes, students must have earned at least an A- in Honors or Dual Credit English both semesters last year. Please be aware that we anticipate a high demand for these classes, and they may fill. If interested, we suggest that you submit your elective form ASAP.
- Online Dual Credit Course Offerings – qualifying juniors and seniors may elect to enroll in online dual credit courses from the following universities: Grand Canyon University, Liberty University, and Maranatha Baptist University. 10th grade students with at least a 3.5 non-weighted GPA are eligible to enroll in dual credit courses at Grand Canyon University.
Online Dual Credit Approval Form (required for online dual credit courses only) Please print, complete and return to the office or use Adobe and complete online.
- Please be reminded that elective forms are due no later than July 10, but since some classes may fill, we strongly suggest that you complete and submit your form as soon as possible.
* 9th Grade Elective Form
* 10th Grade Elective Form
* 11th Grade Elective Form
* 12th Grade Elective Form
CHROMEBOOK FORMS (9TH – 12TH GRADES)
All 9th-12th grade students are required to submit the following two Chromebook forms before the first day of school.
* Chromebook Insurance Policy (2020-2021)
* Conqueror Cloud Acceptance Use Policy (2020-2021)
1) * August Extended Care Enrollment Form (This form must be submitted if you need Extended Care any day during the weeks of August 18 and August 28. There will be NO Extended Care on Monday, August 17, for an all-staff professional development day.)
2) * Extended Care for 1st-8th grade students – week of August 24
3) * Extended Care Enrollment/Change Form (This form must be submitted if Extended Care is needed during the 2020-2021 school year, or if you are making a change to a current plan option already chosen for the 2020-2021 school year.)
1) 2020-2021 Tuition and Extended Care Fees (Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten)
2) 2020-2021 Tuition and Extended Care Fees (Kindergarten – 12th Grade)
3) SMART Tuition Information Sheet
HEALTH CARE INFORMATION
As a reminder, all students entering Preschool, Kindergarten, 6th, and 9th grade are required by state law to have a physical examination before school begins. The physical examinations must be conducted within one year prior to the date of entering school. For further physical examination requirements, please read the Health Requirements sheet.
1) School Health and Physical Examination Requirements
2) Form – Child Health Examination
3) Form – Dental Examination
4) Form – Eye Examination
SPORTS HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
All students who will be participating in sports must have a physical prior to preseason practice. Without this physical they cannot practice or play in a game. Click on the Sports Health Requirements below for more information.
1) 2020 Preseason Information – Due to the IHSA guidelines for the 2020-2021 fall season, only cross country will be available. Please contact Kyle McVey if you are interested in participating in cross country. As of right now, boys soccer and girls volleyball will take in the spring of 2021.
2) Sports Health Requirements
3) Sports Physical Examination Form
4) 2020-2021 Consent Release Form (Print and complete for each student participating in a sport.)