Parents and Guardians,
We are thankful that you have chosen to be a part of Schaumburg Christian School’s family for the 2022-2023 school year. On this page you will find Back-to-School information and forms relating to the start of the 2022-2023 school year. Please take a few minutes to review the information and complete any forms that are needed for your child(ren) by JULY 8th, 2022.
In an effort to assist you in completing and turning in forms, certain forms (marked with an asterisk) are Google forms. This will allow you to easily complete and submit these forms online. Just click on the form you need to complete, fill in the information, and press submit.
If you have any questions regarding the start of school, please call the school office at (847) 885‑3230.
ORIENTATION AND GENERAL INFORMATION
1) In-Person Orientation Open House Information
1st-12th Grade Students – Friday, August 19 (8:30-11:30 a.m. & 6:00-8:00 p.m.)
Preschool – Kindergarten Students – Friday, August 26 (8:30-11:30 a.m. & 6:00-8:00 p.m.)
2) Appearance Guidelines (1st-12th Grade) – Updated 8-19-2021
3) 2022-2023 School Calendar – Be sure to check the Google calendar on the website (https://schaumburgchristian.com/calendar) for updates throughout the school year and to link important dates to your personal calendar.
4) School Supply List (Plan to bring your child’s school supplies with you to Orientation.)
5) Information Change Form (print out, complete, and return to the office.)
START DATES AND TIMES FOR SCHOOL & EXTENDED CARE
Extended Care – Tuesday, August 16 (If you will need extended care for your child, please complete the forms listed below in the Extended Care section.)
Grades 9th – 12th – Tuesday, August 23 (8:00 a.m.-3:15 p.m.)
School Camp Information (August 23-26)
Grades 7th – 8th – Thursday, August 25 (8:00 a.m.-3:15 p.m.)
Grades 4th – 6th – Thursday, August 25 (8:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m.)
Grades 1st – 3rd – Thursday, August 25 (8:00 a.m.-2:45 p.m.)
Kindergarten – Monday, August 29
(1/2 Day – 8:15 a.m.-11:00 a.m. / Full Day -8:15 a.m.-3:00 p.m.)
Preschool – Pre-Kindergarten – Monday, August 29
(1/2 Day – 8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m. / Full Day – 8:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.)
ELECTIVE FORMS (7 TH & 8TH GRADE)
* 7th Grade Elective Form
* 8th Grade Elective Form
ELECTIVE FORMS (9TH – 12TH GRADE)
Before completing your elective forms, please see the notes below.
- Dual Credit (College) English Composition 1 and 2 are being offered to 11th and 12th grade students as an upgrade from the traditional AP English course. We also offer Dual Credit (College) American/British Literature 1 and 2 for seniors who have already completed Dual Credit English Composition 1 and 2. All of these English courses are being taught by Mrs. Funderburg in conjunction with Maranatha Baptist University. Students/parents can decide after the completion of each course if they wish to receive college credit at the nominal fee of $99 per course. To be eligible for these classes, students must have earned at least an A- in Honors or Dual Credit English both semesters last year. Please be aware that we anticipate a high demand for these classes, and they may fill. If interested, we suggest that you submit your elective form ASAP.
- Online Dual Credit Course Offerings – qualifying juniors and seniors may elect to enroll in online dual credit courses from the following universities: Grand Canyon University, Liberty University, and Maranatha Baptist University. 10th grade students with at least a 3.5 non-weighted GPA are eligible to enroll in dual credit courses at above universities.
Online Dual Credit Approval Form (required for online dual credit courses only) Please print, complete and return to the office or use Adobe and complete online.
- Please be reminded that elective forms are due no later than July 8th, but since some classes may fill, we strongly suggest that you complete and submit your form as soon as possible.
* 9th Grade Elective Form
* 10th Grade Elective Form
* 11th Grade Elective Form
* 12th Grade Elective Form
- Drop/Add Information
CHROMEBOOK FORMS (9TH – 12TH GRADE)
All 9th-12th grade students are required to submit the following two Chromebook forms before the first day of school.
* Chromebook Insurance Policy (2022-2023)
* Conqueror Cloud Acceptance Use Policy (2022-2023)
1) * August Extended Care Enrollment Form (This form must be submitted if you need Extended Care any day during the weeks of August 16 and August 22. There will be NO Extended Care on Monday, August 15, for an All-Staff In-Service day.)
2) * Extended Care Enrollment/Change Form (This form must be submitted if Extended Care is needed during the 2022-2023 school year, or if you are making a change to a current plan option already chosen for the 2022-2023 school year.)
1) 2022-2023 Tuition and Extended Care Fees (Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten)
2) 2022-2023 Tuition and Extended Care Fees (Kindergarten – 12th Grade)
3) SMART Tuition Information Sheet
MUSIC LESSON INFORMATION
1) Letter from the Music Department
2) * Music Lesson Enrollment Form (Kindergarten – 12th Grade)
3) * Musical Maestros and Little Virtuosos Form (Preschool – Kindergarten)
AFTER-SCHOOL ART LESSON INFORMATION
1) After-school art lesson information summary
2) * Art Registration Form (Beginner & Intermediate)
3) * Art Registration Form (Advanced)
HEALTH CARE INFORMATION
As a reminder, all students entering Preschool, Kindergarten, 6th, and 9th grade are required by state law to have a physical examination before school begins. The physical examinations must be conducted within one year prior to the date of entering school. For further state health requirements, please read the Health Requirements sheet.
1) School Health and Physical Examination Requirements
2) Form – Child Health Examination
3) Form – Dental Examination
SPORTS HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
All students who will be participating in sports must have a physical prior to pre-season practice. Without this physical they cannot practice or play in a game. Click on the Sports Health Requirements below for more information.
1) 2022 Pre-season Information
High School Information
Middle School Information
2) Sports Health Requirements
3) Sports Physical Examination Form
4) 2022-2023 Fall Sports Registration Form (Please complete for each student participating in a sport.)